Power Monkey: Solar Charger Explorer Kit Customer Reviews
Be the first to review this!
Review the Power Monkey: Solar Charger Explorer Kit
5 Stars and Hot Buy in the stuff.tv review (27th May 2008)
This will charge:
You know what it's like.You're away from
home, you really need to make that one
call… and your mobile phone has just run
out of battery power (again). Or maybe
you’re relaxing on a beautiful beach and
your iPod has just played its final tune or
you’re at the top of a mountain looking out
at an incredible view…and your camera
Ultra compact, tough and powerful, the
powermonkey- eXplorer solar charger is always ready for
your next adventure.With the new
solar-slave, the powermonkey-eXplorer kit
lets you charge wherever, whenever.
Make sure your powermonkey’s got full
power at all times by charging it with the
handy solar-slave, which can be attached to
a rucksack, hung from a window, left in a car
or taken anywhere the sun shines!
The solar-slave portable charger can also be used to charge
many of your digital devices, so you have
back-up power at all times.
Each Kit Contains:
- Compatible with the majority of standard mobile phones, including iPhone, Nokia & mini Nokia,
Motorola, Samsung, Siemens & Sony Ericsson.
- USB connectors power up iPods and accessories, MP3 players, PDAs, smart mobile
phones, digital cameras,games consoles, BlackBerrys, Bluetooth headsets and many
more digital devices.
- Out of the box compatibility list
- Includes mains travel charger for use in 150 countries -110Vto 240V
- solar-slave + powermonkey-eXplorer = 2 reusable sources of power (no batteries needed)
- Water-resistant, rubberised design - a power source for every adventure
- powermonkey-eXplorer has an LCD screen that displays battery capacity and level of
charge in the powermonkey
- powermonkey-eXplorer has the following safety features:
Short circuit protection
- powermonkey-eXplorer provides power to digital cameras but does not charge them.
- 1 x powermonkey-eXplorer unit
- 1 x solar-slave
- 1 x universal mains charger which will work in
over 150 countries and has interchangeable
heads for UK, US Australia and Europe
- 1 x mini USB for Motorola Razr V series,
Blackberrys and Bluetooth headsets
- 1 x USB for smart phones, PDAs and other
- 1 x iPod connector
- 1 x connector for Sony PSP and most digital
- Black travel pouch
- Storage case
- Battery Capacity: 2200mA
- Input interface: DC 3.5 x 1.1mm
- Input Voltage: 5V 600mA
- Output Interface: DC 3.5 x 1.1mm
- Output Voltage: 4.5 ~ 5.5V
- Output Current: 700mA max
- Weight: 83g
- Dimensions: 90 x 45 x 38 mm
- Colour: black/grey
- Water Resistant
- Output Interface: 3.5 x 1.1mm
- Output Voltage: 5V
- Output Current: 200mA - can vary depending
on solar strength
- Weight: 82g
- Colour: black/grey
- Dimensions: 110 x 70 x 10mm when folded.
- Complete kit weight: 553g
Also available in this range:-
Other Products in the Power Traveller range:-
Also available in the Power Traveller Series:-
Solar Monkey and Nut Kit
Solar Power chimp and Solar Monkey Kit
Solar Gorilla and Power Gorilla Kit
Product ID: SS7375
Weight: 0.63 kg
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this product charge the iphone 3GS and iphone 4?
By Mark on Jan 23, 2014
Yes, it will charge all versions of the iphone.
It uses a USB output so that you can plug any mobile device or tablet Including iphone 1,2,3,3s,4s and the 5 and 5c. Almost anything that charges via USB with this great solar gadget.
Does the charger come with the required connectors for use on my iPhone or must I then purchase additional?
By Ian on Jan 23, 2014
The Power Monkey comes with the necessary connector for the iPhone in the box.
Will this product charge an iPad 1 and/or 2?
By Alvaro on Jan 23, 2014
The best value option for the iPad 1 or 2 is going to be the Power Monkey Extreme.
It costs a little more but has a much more powerful panel and higher battery capacity that matches up much better with the iPad.