- Can be used outside as a solar security light or inside as a solar shed light
- Fully weather resistant
- Will light for 16 hours once fully charged
- Will light for 25 seconds once motion is detected
- PIR detection range 6.5m
- 4.8m of cable between solar panel and light
- No running costs
- Batteries, screws, raw plugs, instructions and
mounting bracket included.
Works in WinterA well positioned solar panel will enable this product to work in typical UK winter conditions.
250 Triggers Per NightOnce motion is detected, this light can activate up to 250 times a night.
50 Watt EquivalentBrightness is equivalent to a 50 watt incandescent bulb as you might use in the home.
No MainsThis light is solar powered and does not require mains power to work.
Working well after modification
This light is now working well for me but I had two problems during installation:
1. The ball/socket fixture was too loose to retain the position of the light in windy conditions. I fixed this by removing the two screws and surrounding the ball with black insulation tape.
2. The clip fitting also permitted movement in the wind. When trying to remove, the clip broke off and I had to fabricate a plastic bracket to re-mount the light.
So the light itself seems to be working well but the mechanical design needs some improvement
By Brian on Jan 22, 2015
The second one I ordered BUT, on sliding the light into the wall fixing bracket, which wasn't fixed too tightly to the wall, the lug on the back of the light assembly broke off. However I was still able to fix the assembly into the bracket using another method of fixing, luckily!!
The light works perfectly and would recommend
By JOHN H on Jan 22, 2015
A light for the front steps of our house as the street lights are useless. I was reluctant to wire in a light as there was no close source so I gave this a go and I'm glad I did. The solar panel is hidden on the southern face of our small front garden and I hid the light shining on the steps on a post in the bushes. I masked a portion of the PIR with electrical tape so the light doesn't come on when someone passes by on the pavement but only when you reach the steps or open the front door as that's all we need it for. A good bright light to see your footing and keys and no problems despite winter daylight Only negative is the solar panel ball joint is a little loose at certain angles but not beyond bodging.
By Matt on Jan 20, 2015
Bought two, the one in the shed works brilliantly. The one outside the shed gave up the ghost after 6 months, not that weatherproof. I'd recommend installing under a cover, or make a cover for it
By Mark Lancaster on Jan 20, 2015
Eco 15 Solar Light
Easy to install - time will tell how good it is
By Julie January 2015 on Jan 18, 2015
Review the Evo15 Solar PIR Utility Light
- 15-LED Solar PIR Light
- Solar Cell Type: Polycrystalline
- Solar Panel Output: 6V/100mA 0.6W
- Battery: 3 x AAA 750mAh rechargeable Ni-MH batteries supplied
- Light Source: 15 Super Bright LEDís
- Light Colour: White
- Light Brightness: 9000MCD
- PIR Sensitivity: 2 - 6.5m
- LUX Rating: Will work at less than 10 LUX
- Light will remain on for 25 seconds each time movement is detected
- On/Off Switch
- User Guide (PDF)
Take a look at our Solar Security Lighting Review
for more information on our solar security lights.
Product ID: SS7516
Weight: 0.48 kg
Product Barcode: 5060188640158
- Light Body: W: 13cm, D: 9cm, H: 13cm
- Solar Panel: 190mm x 130mm
In the Box
- 1 x Light Unit (including batteries)
- 1 x Solar Panel
- 1 x Mounting Bracket
- 5 x Screws
- 5 x Rawl Plugs
How to install
The Solar PIR Utility Light
is very easy to install in comparison with mains powered security lights.
- 1. Mount Solar PIR Utility Light
- 2. Mount the Solar PIR Utility Light solar panel within 4.8 metres of the light
- 3. Plug panel cable into the light unit
How it works
The Solar PIR Utility Light has a powerful 0.6W solar panel that charges the high capacity battery during the day. At night the Solar PIR Utility Light lights up as soon as it detects motion and turns itself off 25 seconds after motion stops.
Using it as a Solar Security Light:
Simply position your Solar PIR Utility Light outside and postion the solar panel facing south. After dark the Solar PIR Utility light will light up as soon as it detects motion.
Using our 15-LED Solar PIR Light as a Solar Shed Light:
Install your light inside your shed and postion the solar panel outside (usually on top of your shed). When you enter your shed the PIR Utility Light will light up automatically and turn off again 25 seconds after you leave.
Frequently Asked Questions
my Evo15 solar PIR Utility light turns itself off after 8 sec how do I make it longer
By andi on Jan 7, 2015
You cannot change the length of time this light is on. The light will, however, stay on all the time it is detecting movement.
I'm in a rented property with a garage that I use for storage. It has a metal "lazyman" metal door. I go into the garage in the evenings for short periods of time & wonder if this light will be okay? I need to mount the light on rear wall of garage. The garage is closed all day so not sure if the sensor will know if its day or night so not sure if this light ideal?If not can you recommend a cheaper equivelant? Thanks Barry
By Barry Duplock on Jan 4, 2015
This would be suitable. The sensor for day and night is in the solar panel. The light will not activate if there is sun-light (or alternative light like a street-lamp) shining on the solar panel.
Just set up my Evo 15 Solar Light, it didn't work? Do you have to let it charge for 3 days like other solar lights you have??
By Gordon Craig on Dec 21, 2014
We do recommend leaving it to charge for 3-5 days before using, especially at this time of year when there isn't a great deal of sunshine.