Solar Square Decking Light Features
- Up to 12 hours operation once fully charged
- 1 year limited warranty
- Beautiful stainless steel design
- Year round reliability in the UK
- Fully weather proof
- Self contained, can be positioned anywhere!
- Turns on automatically at dusk
- Turns off automatically at dawn
- On / Off switch
- Replaceable batteries
- No operating costs
- Environmentally friendly
Solar Square Decking Light Customer Reviews
Average Customer Review
4.4/5 ( 7 customer reviews)
Review the Solar Square Decking Light
Far better than other suppliers
Definitely recommend these lights. Previously purchased deck lights from another supplier and was dissatisfied with their output. These proved to be far brighter and longer lasting
By Colin on Feb 16, 2014
Delivery was first class. Works as described. Silicone sealing around glass looks amateurish - a la bath edge but will not be noticed once general scuffing takes place in use. Good value for money
By K Pickering on Dec 23, 2013
These are the best solar lights i have seen they stay bright even in winter!! I recommend these lights to anybody and the customer service is fantastic!! You will not be disappointed with this product!!
By Renosonce on Mar 14, 2011
I have this light set into my decking and it looks great! It looks very stylish and works well. You need to cut a square hole into the decking to install it but thats no major problem. Once installed it looks great and works well cant wait until the longer days when it will probably get even brighter.
By Andy MacD on Mar 11, 2011
This square light is gorgeously sleek but also really solidly made it feels unbreakable but looks great. I don't have decking but wanted some lights to lay in bare patches within a flower bed and these fit the bill perfectly. As another reviewer said you can't turn the light on with your finger so do jab it with a pencil or key when you hear it click you've got it. The light it gives out isn't huge but I look forward to it getting brighter and brighter as the days get longer maybe more of a sprin-early summer light than a winter one.
By Kiki on Mar 7, 2011
A very well made product. Would last many years in decking.Gives of plenty of light simple to install complete with installation instructions.Gives off great effect in the garden and will be ordering more.Also fast delivery and well packaged when arrived.Would recommend to family and friends.
By Mark Ratcliffe on Feb 25, 2011
I approached this product ready to be disappointed having tried solar lights in the past which were frankly pathetic. The first surprise was the good build quality and general feel and weight of the product. It certainly feels made to last. The instructions are loosely connected to the product and not very informative but there is not much to learn. Once you have fathomed that how the on / off switch works (try using the end of a pencil) and charged it up even in winter light conditions you are ready to go. The light anticipates dark conditions and turns itself on automatically. Whilst you are not going to light up the Eiffel Tower the light it does throw up a fair amount of light and could be useful to avoid steps or find a way through a garden at night. All in all a surprisingly good product.
By Stephen on Feb 20, 2011
Why are solar decking lights better?
- Quick and simple to install
- No power supply or electrician required
- As bright as mains powered LED decking lights
- Self sufficient so you can put them anywhere there is light
- Safer than mains powered decking lights
- No operating costs unlike mains powered lights
- Turn on and off automatically using an advanced light sensor
- They are environmentally friendly
- Panel Type: Monocrystalline
- Internal protective rubber waterproof seal
- Panel Wattage: 0.3w
- No. of LED's: 1
- LED Bulb Colour: White
- Battery Capacity: 1200 mAh
- Battery Type: NiMH
- Replaceable Batteries: Yes
- Mounting Options: Deck, Driveway, Pathway, Patio, Wall
- Max. Operating Hours: 12 hrs
- Material: Stainless Steel Housing / Glass Cover
- Warranty Period: 12 Months
Product ID: SS7543
Weight: 0.61 kg
- Dimensions: 120mm x 120mm x 30mm deep
- Recess: 92 x 92 x 25mm
How to install
The Solar Square Decking Light is designed to the very highest of standards and will work reliably year round in the UK in the vast majority of locations. Before making adjustments to your decking, paths or driveways we advise that you test the light for 3 days in your desired location to ensure that your are satisfied with its performance there.
Once you are satisfied that the Solar Square Decking Light is suitable for your desired location, you can create a recess (92mm x 92mm x 25mm), sink your light into place and wait until dark.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I able to fit these lights into a stone patio rather than decking? The stones will be set into concrete and I am concerned about setting these into concrete in case I need to lift them? Many thanks
By Carolyn on Feb 9, 2014
You can set it into the concrete. I would recommend installing them in such a way that you can access inside the unit using the screws on the top. This is for when you need to replace batteries.
1) I'm assuming they are fully waterproof? Would this include when decking is washed?
2) Obviously people will walk on the decking - will these take the weight of a person on the glass without breaking?
By Miles on Jan 24, 2014
1) Yes, they are fine left outside all year round. I'd probably recommend popping them out their recess if you use a high pressure hose on you deck to be on the safe side.
2) Yes, people can walk over these without any problems.
Do these lights come with holes for fixing to the decking with screws?
By Jojo on Jan 24, 2014
Yes, there are screwholes in the base part that can be used to fix it down to the deck if required.